Skyward Textbook Tracking
|District-wide and entry-level distribution and tracking
- Handle textbooks distributed through a bookstore as effortlessly as textbooks issued in the classroom
- Each student can distribute and track textbooks through the most efficient method
- Each entry can see the books assigned to it, allowing for an accurate inventory of textbooks and easy accessibility of data
- Textbook Tracking can easily be adapted to the specific needs of individual districts
- Track who is assigned a book, book title, international standards book number (ISBN), edition, publisher, date purchased, cost, condition, issue date, and order sequence
- Easily budget for books and forecast the needs for replacement
- Produce detailed reports using data from a student's schedule and demographic records, allowing for quick and accurate bookstore distribution
- Match students to daily supply of found textbooks
- Easily assign textbooks to students based on their class schedule
|Quick and easy data access
- Better coordination and increased efficiency in the management of textbooks
|Track value of missing books
- Assess fees for missing textbooks using condition and value reports in the system
- Track fees for lost books, late returns, and damaged books
- Automatically create changes and any payments made against them in the Fee Management system
|Flexible distribution and return of books
- Bookstore-type of distribution allows for bar code scanner or keying books into the computer
- Automatically assign and distribute books to students enrolled in a class
- Teachers attach book number to student upon distribution
Skyward Textbook Tracking has been an excellent resource for our bookstore. The system provides information instantly. It checks books in and out by student name with speed and accuracy, and has saved us hours of manual labor. With 3,000 students…it is the only way to go!
Pearl M. Beebe (Bookkeeper, MSD OF LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP, IN - Enrollment 16,300)
I have used Skyward software since 1997 and have found that the software itself, as well as the support provided, are designed to be quick, efficient, and highly user-friendly.
John Strack (Principal, RACINE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, WI - Enrollment 21,800)
Attendance taking in Skyward is easier than in any other student software we have used. Since the state reporting module is contained in the same software, it is very easy to audit each six weeks of attendance and correct any discrepancies found.
Sue Pike (Tech Coordinator, DEER PARK ISD, TX - Enrollment 12,300)
Over the past nine years Lakeland High School has used the Skyward Student Management system for all aspects of scheduling, grading, and management of student data. Not only is our staff proficient in the use of Skyward, parents and students use Skyward to access grades, track attendance, and manage lunch accounts.
Bob Behnke (Principal, HURON VALLEY SCHOOLS, MI - Enrollment 10,437)
With Skyward, our district saves time and money by providing the means to facilitate easier use of grade book, attendance, and report cards for students and family.
Sharon Peterson (Secretary, WAYZATA SCHOOL DISTRICT, MN - Enrollment 9,777)
Our district has saved a considerable amount of time and money using Skyward for student registration. In the past, we would send all of the forms we used home to each student. Creating a packet included: printing forms, stuffing large envelopes, and finally the postage which had varying costs per student, depending on the building. Since we started using custom forms, which we saw at iCon two years ago, each building sends a 1-2 page packet in a standard envelope. Skyward has saved us time and money and the continual improvements are great. Thank you, Skyward.
Joel Margliano (District Technology Mentor, CONSOLIDATED HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT 230, IL - Enrollment 8,500)