Skyward Family & Student Access
|Parents see all their students automatically
- Automatically displays all of a guardian's students under one login
- No need to link students to parent login through cumbersome process
- Family accounts available for food service payments
|Real-time student information online
- View student information anytime, anywhere, with an internet connection
- Increases communication between school and home
- Excellent public relations tool for school districts
- Reduces the number of phone calls from parents
- Reduces the amount of paperwork (and postage)
- Visual reminder for parents to keep contact and health records up-to-date
- Easy way to inform students about their progress
|Student information available for parents
- Parents can view: grades, assignments, test scores, discipline, report cards, health records, fee management, graduation requirements, activities, message center, curriculum maps, emergency contact, attendance, bus schedule
|Parents can submit information online
- Parents can: make payments, send and receive emails, notify school of absences, submit course requests, register their student, add notes in their student calendar, sign up for email notifications, update their email address, print reports
|Information available for students
- Students can view: reports, missing assignments, grades, class schedule
|Students can submit information online
- Students can: email school personnel, review and complete online assignments, read and respond to class messages, add notes to their personal calendar, submit course requests
- Software is easy for parents and students to use
- No need to provide software training to parents or students
- Drop-down menu sets page language to English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Vietnamese, or Russian
|Secure login and password
- District can mass-generate parent usernames and passwords directly from the student database
- Minimal technology staff involvement
|Subscribe to automatic email notifications
- Receive daily attendance information
- Receive notifications regarding student grades (low assignments, missing assignments, low averages)
- Receive automatic daily/weekly/monthly progress reports
|Automatic Email trigger
- Send email automatically based on preset triggers like "enrollment change" or "discipline offense"
|Set Email recipients
- Set general recipients for the auto email, like "Guidance Counselor" or "Principal"
I love Family Access. It has given us a way to quickly communicate with parents and has helped parents have an involved and informative experience in their student’s education. Family Access has definitely opened up the lines of communication between school and home.
Lisa Winterowd (IT DIRECTOR, BRAINERD IND SCH DISTRICT 181, MN - Enrollment 7,350)
Skyward’s Family Access options to permit families to add, change and/or update phone numbers, student emergency contacts, and medical information has greatly assisted Spring-Ford’s green initiative. By giving families direct access, the district has nearly eliminated the need for printed First Day Packets. Except a few forms that require signatures, data collected at the opening of school is now done electronically!
Gary Spohn (DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY, SPRING-FORD AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT, PA - Enrollment 7,263)
I like Skyward because it’s so flexible and it covers so many different entities that we use on a day to day basis. My favorite part is Family Access, even though our district hasn’t started using it yet, but the other district I was working at did. I like it as a parent and as an educator, it’s the best way to communicate with families in the 21st century.
Janet Helmcamp (Principal, CLEBURNE ISD, TX - Enrollment 6,544)
We are very pleased with Skyward. The system provides data that is meaningful and is easy to use. Our parents rave about the Family Access part of Skyward, which helps promote positive home-school relations. Skyward personnel have been responsive to our needs as a demand for new data evolves.
Jerry Seese (Superintendent, SAGINAW TWP CMTY SCH DIST, MI - Enrollment 5,066)
Student and Family Access is a valuable tool to keep our key players involved in the success of our students.
Holly Cross (CATIF, OAK RIDGE SCHOOLS, TN - Enrollment 4,597)